Monday, February 04, 2008

The Gun in My Mind

The O2 arena stood out in the night like the head of some weird alien with glowing antennae. Okay that’s a crappy simile. But it is quite impressive. The O2 Arena at London , I mean. Not my simile. We were there for the Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight tour. Now I was never a LP fan; yes, I have heard the odd song here and there, but have not really followed them.



Well, Kumar was late as usual, and hungry as usual, so after standing in a disturbingly short queue, we made our way straight for the burger stand. We finally entered the arena, beer and burger in hand, and were suprised to see it almost empty, with only forty of fifty people around.

Well, apparently someone had tipped everyone off, for though we entered the audi at half past six, Linking Park came on only a few minutes after nine. The good thing about this was that we were able to get amazing positions just a few feet away from the stage.



At around half past seven, a group I'd never heard of before - Biffy Clyro came on the stage and proceeded to rock the audience with some high voltage music. I quite liked them, and the lead vocalist, Simon Neil, had an amazingly powerful voice.







In about an hour they were done, and it was another long wait. Finally they drew a curtain round the stage, and with a crescendo of music, the show was on. I must tell you; maybe the thousands of decibels pumping through my brain affected my taste, but I quite forgot I didn’t care for Linking Park, and was shouting and jumping just like any of the angst ridden, lovesick teens around me.



And of course, being close enough to the stage to feel the spray from Delson's spit, only added to the excitement, as I sung, nay screamed, with the band to songs I had never heard before. Okay, so maybe I didn't have the words down pat, or even the tune, as I saw people glancing at me nervously and backing away as I belted out 'Brawling in a tin, these boobs are not a meal. Dear I cannot stall, you have to turn the wheel' in a thin shriek. But hey, it's the enthusiasm that counts isn't it?




Standing right in front and jumping up and down like a deranged kangaroo is not the perfect recipe to getting clear pictures of the band, especially when your attention is divided between watching the stage and the statuesque blonde gyrating a foot to the right of me. Wait, it was Linkin Park performing that day, right? Right?



But thankfully I had friends in the seated section who were able to get a couple of clear snaps, which I place for your delight and viewing pleasure. For I am nothing if not generous to a fault.

Well due to their late arrival, LP performed way past our safety time margin, and we had just a half hour to reach Liverpool from North Greenwich, which we achieved, with a dint of frantic running, with three minutes to spare.

Check out more pics below -




Credit goes to Mr. Saxena and his Cybershot for most of the pics.

Watch this space for some vids of the concert.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

If you liked this...Comment!!